1161 1162 1163 - 1164 - 1165 1166 1167
1130s 1140s 1150s - 1160s - 1170s 1180s 1190s
11th century - 12th century - 13th century
- Count Henry I of Champagne marries Marie de Champagne.
- Pope Adrian IV recognizes Uppsala as seat of the Swedish metropolitan.
- Antipope Paschal III elected by cardinals supporting Frederick Barbarossa.
- Olaf II of Norway is canonized as Saint Olaf.
- Archbishop Rainald von Dassel brings relics of the Magi from Italy to Cologne.
- Thomas Becket contends with Henry II, leaves England to solicit support from the Pope and the King of France.
- April 20 - Antipope Victor IV (Cardinal Octavianus)
- Heloise, abbess, wife of Pierre Abélard
- Emperor Sutoku of Japan
- Tadamichi , Fujiwara regent
Heads of state
- England - Henry II Curt Mantle, King of England (reigned 1154 - 1189).
- France - Louis VII, King of France (reigned 1137 - 1180).
Last updated: 10-24-2004 05:10:45