1160 1161 1162 - 1163 - 1164 1165 1166
1130s 1140s 1150s - 1160s - 1170s 1180s 1190s
11th century - 12th century - 13th century
- Owain Gwynedd is recognized as ruler of Wales.
- Silesian duchies accept suzerainty of Holy Roman Empire.
- Law of Succession is introduced in Norway.
- Council of Tours is held, names and condemns Albigensians.
- Abbey of Lokkum in Hanover is founded as a Cistercian house by Count Wilbrand .
- Construction of Notre-Dame de Paris begins.
- Berengaria of Navarre, Queen consort of Richard I of England (+ 1230)
- Henry I of Poland (+ 1238)
- Hojo Yoshitoki , Kamakura regent
- Ottokar IV of Styria
- Abd al-Mumin , founder of the Almohad empire.
Heads of states
- England - Henry II Curt Mantle, King of England (reigned 1154 - 1189).
- France - Louis VII, King of France (reigned 1137 - 1180).
Last updated: 02-03-2005 12:34:24
Last updated: 02-22-2005 15:48:47